A Parent / School Team Approach
Co-operation between home and school is of the utmost importance for the welfare of each child. Parental involvement in school life is a vital demonstration to both staff and students of their interest in the progress and development of the student in particular and of the school in general. Parents are encouraged to:
- Show genuine interest while listening and talking with your child about school activities, friend etc.
- Assist class teachers in helping children with reading, art, sport, excursions etc.
- Attend meetings of the P&F Association and become involved in fund raising, social activities and the Parent Support Group.
- Meet other parents through involvement in working bees, tuckshop etc.
- Members are invited to join the Board.
Parents and Friends Association (P&F)
All parents and carers are a part of the P&F Association at our school. This vital group is the body in which the parent/school partnership is most publicly displayed. Meetings are held monthly or as advertised at 6:00pm at the school. The AGM is held in the month of October. All parents are urged to attend meetings, show an interest and become actively involved in the activities of the Association.
The main areas the P&F assist the school in are:
- Fostering home/school partnership
- Social activities for both parents and students
- Being an advocate for parents in dealing with organisations such as the government, councils, business etc
- Community building
- Family pastoral care and support
- Financial support for the school through a levy.
Our school has a Catholic School Board, which provides a local level pastoral structure for supporting the Principal in the ministry of Catholic Education.
The School Board is:
- A Vatican II structure for vision making
- A policy making team, building policies based on Gospel values to give direction to the school and promote its distinctive identity
- Guided by the constitution approved by the local Bishop
- The Board has responsibility in the areas of
- Policy making, review and renewal
- Maintenance of school.
The Board meets monthly or as advertised. An Annual General Meeting is held in November. Membership comprises of 8 to 12 members made up of the Principal, Parish Priest, Staff Member (elected) and Co-opted members. The school’s policy manual is located in the School Office. Parents are invited to read or consult it.