At St Francis Xavier’s School our mission is to promote an authentic Christianity embracing the person and vision of Jesus. We are committed to working in partnership to provide a welcoming environment that values uniqueness and a respect of everyone.
We are dedicated to the education of the whole person so that individuals recognise and embrace their role in building a better world.
We will bring our vision to reality by working together as a community which reflects the passion and courage of Francis Xavier whose life emulated Christ’s love of teaching and learning, celebrating, building relationships, and valuing justice for all.
The St Francis Xavier’s community is characterised by:
- Valuing the individual’s relationship with God with the Catholic tradition.
- Building capacity for spiritual, academic, social, emotional, physical, and ethical potential within a caring, stimulating and safe Christian environment.
- A strong community spirit of care, compassion, forgiveness and service.
- Complimentary and well developed relationships between students, parents, staff and the wider community.
- A deep sense of respect of the school’s heritage, history and culture.
- A high quality Catholic Education which helps to develop responsible, ethical, resourceful citizens of the world with a sense of our responsibility and obligation to look after and sustain the gift of creation, assisting in the formation of ecologically conscious minds.
- Upholding the highest standards of academic excellence within an educational foundation built upon social and emotional learning for the purpose of cultivating capable, caring, and responsible young people of strong, faith-filled character.
- Individual and collective strengths and talents being recognized, encouraged and celebrated.
- Inclusive practices where cultural diversity is celebrated.
- Staff who have the desire to improve, innovate and renew through a culture of professional generosity, collaboration and dialogue.